Images of Batanes

According to Digital Photography School, there are 20 travel photography subjects that must be captured by any traveler, so here are some of the photos (all from a point and shoot camera) I took from my recent tour of Batanes with fellow bloggers who won in SEAIR's contest.

1. Water

Taken from the Chawa Viewdeck in Mahatao
The Fountain of Youthh in Diura
2. Old People

Lola sa Bintana (Old lady by the window in Chavayan, Sabtang Island)


3. Young People

Children biking in Uyugan
Kid along the beach in Sabtang Port
 4. Religion

Mahatao Church
The Ten Commandments in Ivatan
5. Sports

How many balls are in this picture?

6. Socializing

Journeying James' drinking session with the Ivatans
Sabong (Cockfight in Diura Fishing Village)
 7. Icons

The house where Iza Calzado's movie "Batanes" was shot
The Honesy Coffee Shop in Ivana


8. Rich and 9. Poor (sorry I was not able to take pictures of rich or poor people, or maybe they were rich or poor I just did not notice, I do not really care about other people's economic background)

10. Transportation

The falowa or what I like to call, 30 minutes in hell :)
11. Economy

The butcher's Facebook status, wanna bet?
12. Food

Lunch fare at Nakabuang Beach (Coconut crab, sauteed onion leaves, turmeric rice, adobo and Kanañiz (squid)
Humet (Seaweed soup)


13. Food preparation (missed taking pictures of that, again, sorry)
14. Weather

Bovine basking in the sunset (Naidi Hills)
15. Art

Street art, Ivatan style
16. Modern vs. Traditional

A modern designed house being constructed beside a traditional abode in Sabtang
17. Downtown (Batanes does not really have a downtown area, no ubiquitous fast food chain or malls)

Journeying James and Pinay Travel Junkie strolling in Basco
18. Views (Lots of views, photographers would go crazy capturing the island's stunning vistas)

Chamantad Viewpoint in Chavayan, Sabtang Island
19. History

Ivana Church ruins (behind the current Ivana Church)
20. Architecture

Sto. Niño de Florencia Church in Uyugan (the "Kikay church" according to Journeying James)

The House of Dakay, the oldest surviving house in the town of San Jose de Ivana in Batan Island
21. Wacky/Odd (I dunno if this wacky coz I think only Pinoys would be able to get the joke)

Here at Is-im, we've got it all for you!
May I just add this, 22. Animals







Comments

  1. viewed this post for 3times na, really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE your shots!!! :) - Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guideline, I'll attempt to make mine too. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's something to take note of when taking pictures. Love your shots by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visit Matsumoto and Alwin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Sigh* I LOVE your photos! I am truly enjoying this blog hopping, especially reading through travel posts like yours. My bro and I are planning on travelling na rin talaga together, and Batanes was actually one of those places na I told him I MUST visit. I hope this post would convince him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you take pictures :) It's really awesome. Can't wait to visit Batanes soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. thnaks mel and simply pochi, hope you bou both get to visit Batanes coz it's really a different kind of travel experience. Masasabi mong ang ganda talaga ng Pilipinas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thanks for the tip! I missed traveling and now I will keep in mind to capture those 20 pictures whenever we are out and traveling. I bookmarked this page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. batanes is a very interesting place to visit..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Munti Discovery: The Triumph of Science Over Death

A Rockin' Great Time at the Liliputan Rocky Beach Park

Midyolaseng sa Mineovaheng