Midyolaseng sa Mineovaheng

After a fun filled afternoon of sightseeing, eating Ivatan delicacies and perfecting their jump shots in Basco, Batanes, the lucky bunch of bloggers who were on winter tour of the province, decided to relax and hang out at Shanedel's Inn and Cafe.





Of course chillaxin would not be complete without some alcohol, so they decided to try the province's very own alcoholic beverage --- Mineovaheng. The wine is made from fermented sugar cane and has a slightly sweet taste.


It looks like Visayan wine, tuba (made from coconut and has a bittersweet aftertaste) but has a milder taste. The newly fermented Mineovaheng has a vinegary taste (if there is such a word) but the more vintage ones taste is more swabe, just like any other wine the older it gets, the better it tastes.


Journeying James obviously enjoyed the drink as well as the other bloggers in the group (The Wandering Lion did not want to comment). Good thing there was some left for Pinay Travel Junkie a.k.a. Gay Backpacker a.k.a. Nomad Wifey (who enjoyed it as well according to reports) who arrived the day after.

The lucky bloggers with Tita Dely Millan of Shanedel's Inn and Cafe
 It was a fitting end to a day's worth of fun in the country's northernmost province. Cheers. Till we meet again Batanes.

Shanedel's Inn and Cafe is at National Road, Kaychanarianan, Basco, Batanes, Philippines 

Seair flies to Batanes every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Comments

  1. Buti may natira for us! At ako uminom ng shot ni Michael... Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mineovaheng and Gay Mitra Emami: MTB (Meant To Be) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a taste of mineovaheng last year when I visited Batanes. It was so good.... I love it!!!BTW, what is the alcohol content?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my humble blog, i believe what we drank had 5.8% alcohol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mineovaheng sounds interesting. I wonder if it's available here in Manila, so that I can get to taste it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Mukhang walang nagbebenta niyan dito, balitaan kita pag may mahanap ako. Salamat sa pagbisita. :)

      Delete
  6. Masarap nga pre, sana'y matikman mo din yan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to chil and relax but don't let the alcohol take control, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tuba in wine glass that looks new to me. HEHEHEHE That is very posh! Traditionally tuba is in ball glass. Some buried it in the sand for months. I hope you like it. I enjoy reading your article. Cheers!

    Influence of my accentors dish visit my blog for free recipe. http://jennyotoole.blogspot.com/2012/02/jennys-tortilla.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, looks nice, but I don't think kakayanin ko yan. Madale ako mapapabagsak nyan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really into drinking, but I'm interested to get a taste of Mineovaheng.. :) I love sugar cane so I'm intrigued of how its wine would taste like.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to try that too! *Cheers* :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I could have some too. They should open a branch in Manila soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delish! Mukhang I'll be on the lookout for this, sa mga trade fair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a Cool name: Meniovaheng! Lol! Medyolashing kayo ha ha ha!

    http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/2012/02/buffet-plus-daily-cultural-presentation.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. from the looks of it medyo matamis nga... (hindi lasang cocojam?) and the name makes me curious mineovaheng... sarap i-try

    http://www.boydubai.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your header :) Mukhang enjoy kayo sa travel, I would love to try that drink pero kunti lang :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. mineovaheng... sounds interesting :) Hope I could try one someday. Hope they're have it here in Manila.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a lot of fun. Sayang I don't drink

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ganda ng name! Interesting sound... Kaso I dont drink e a little sip of alcohol and mukha na akong makopa... Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've only tried sugar cane juice, and I like it but I've never tried wine made of that. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wanna have some too!
    hahaha!
    I've met a few backpackers who'd had been in Basco, Batanes..
    And it has become shortlisted on my list of destination.
    Hope to see this place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ilan ang percentage alcohol content?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Munti Discovery: The Triumph of Science Over Death

A Rockin' Great Time at the Liliputan Rocky Beach Park