Buhay Kuripot: Lunchtime at Aling Taling's

Thrifty

adjective (thriftier, thriftiest)

1. using money and other resources carefully and not wastefully: 
he had been brought up to be thrifty and careful

Oxford Dictionary 


My friends, classmates and almost everyone who knows me, know that I am very thrifty dude and a certified cheapskate. So in everything that I buy I make sure to get the most out of my money, specially when it comes to my buying my lunch.


My office mates and I usually eat here at Aling Taling's Restaurant, or should I say carinderia. Carinderia, for those who are not from the Philippines, is a local eatery selling and serving and viands with wooden benches. It's also known as a "turo-turo" wherein customers literally point what they want to eat from an array of cauldrons (Thanks WikiPilipinas).

The reason why we eat here? Duh, of course, because it's cheap. Well, the food they serve is good enough for my pedestrian taste, but it's really the price that makes us a suki (loyal customer) of this tiny eatery here in Intramuros. Most of their regular customers are students and office workers from colleges and offices within the Walled City.

We like it here because we can order half a viand (e.g. Menudo, Bicol Express, Caldereta, Sisig, Tokwa't Baboy and other usual Pinoy fare) and rice, plus free sabaw (soup) for just Php28.00 (around $0.64). What else can a cheapskate like me could ask for?

This is the Wandering Lion signing off.

*Aling Taling's is located at Victoria St. Intramuros, Manila

Comments

  1. favorite kainan namin yan nung student pa ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uy, salamat sa pagbisita, lagi kami nakain diyan kasi ok sa budget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Do you know the contact number of that store? If so please text it to me 0920-496-3308 Thnks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately I do not have their contact number. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Munti Discovery: The Triumph of Science Over Death

A Rockin' Great Time at the Liliputan Rocky Beach Park

Midyolaseng sa Mineovaheng